SPAR Craic 10k – 2020
Following the postponement of March’s SPAR Craic 10k due to the onset of the global COVID-19 pandemic, Aisling Events has rescheduled the 2020 event to Sunday 4 October. We will open for new registrations for this date in May.
With this announcement of the rescheduled date we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and to offer you a range of options relating to your entry for the St Patrick’s Day 2020 event.
Deferment to October 2020
If you would like to defer your entry to October’s event, you need do nothing. Your entry will be automatically processed and we will be in touch nearer the time with confirmation and details.
Deferment to St Patricks Day 2021
Alternatively, you can defer your entry to SPAR Craic 10k 2021, which is scheduled to take place on St Patrick’s Day, Wednesday 17th March.
If this is your preferred option we are asking you to contact us before Thursday, 30 April using one of the following methods.
- If you registered online, go to the registration page, go to Manage My Registration and select the Defer option. Select “My Registration” at the bottom of the page. You will need your order number, DOB and email address to log in.
- If you registered at any of our offices, email [email protected]with your name, DOB and details of where you registered and we will manage your deferral. You can also call 028 90 6119196.
- Teams of 10 you will need to contact us directly to defer
If you would prefer to void your entry we are offering a partial refund in line with the payment you made at registration. This is outlined below. We are doing this to ensure that we can honour our commitments to the small businesses which took on work for the event before its sudden cancellation, including the medal, chip and bib providers. We trust that, given the unique circumstances surrounding the cancellation, you find this fair and equitable.
- A £15 registration fee will be refunded £9
- A £18 registration fee will be refunded £12
- A £25 registration fee will be refunded £19
If you would like to cancel your place and claim a refund, please contact us before Thursday, 30 April in one of the following ways:
- If you registered online, go to the registration page, go to Manage My Registrationand select “Cancel”. Select “My Registration” at the bottom of the page. You will need your order number, DOB and email address to log in.
- If you registered at any of our offices, email [email protected]with your name, DOB and where you registered and we will manage your refund. You can also call 028 90 6119196.
- If you purchased a tee shirt along with your registration and are deferring to the October 2020 event this can be collected at pack collection for our new date.
- If you are deferring to the SPAR Craic 10k 2021 and have purchased a tee shirt, we will post this out to you in the coming weeks and will cover the cost of postage and packaging.
- If you are voiding your entry and have purchased a tee shirt, we will post this out to you in the coming weeks and will cover the cost of postage and packaging.
We would again like to thank you for your patience and support. We hope to see you in October or at the SPAR Craic10k 2021 and urge you all in the meantime to keep safe.
Video From The Spar Craic 10k 2019
Shirley Mccalmont, Larne Athletic club:
“Well organised 1st time doing it an1st official 10k, Thnx for a great run”
Tony Barclay, Carrickfergus:
“ALWAYS a great event, superbly managed and presented. Love the new route! HUGE thank you to the marshals, tough running in the downpour, but standing still to support us was tougher. Massive thank you from my wife Emma Barclay, who completed her first 10k road race yesterday. See you again next year!”
Geraldine Burke, Claudy Co. Derry:
“First time doing the Spar Craic 10k, great course and volunteers did a great job. Thanks”
Brian Todd, Orangegrove AC East Belfast:
“Enjoyed the route if not the weather. Volunteer marshals super. Well organized and presented event which gave us the run of the town for an hour or so! Thank you!”
Maire Kelly, Galway:
“Thanks to the amazing marshals who had to endure tough weather conditions!! Great way for the runners to start the day but it was tough in the driving rain!!”
John Callaghan, Civil Service Athletics Club:
“Great run today!!!! Chilly and a bit wet but it was good Craic! Thanks to all the organisers and volunteers for a great start to St. Patrick’s Day!”
Colin Haddick, Belfast:
“ I just want to thank you and everyone else who was involved in organising the very successful run last Sunday morning. My heart sank when running along May Street looking up to the hills ahead of me realising that they were shrouded in cloud and rain and that we were all going to have to run into it. Who could have predicted such heavy rain? The event was very well organised and marshalled. Everyone I spoke to seemed to enjoy the event. Let’s hope next year the sun will shine.”
Anshuman Shinde, Belfast:
“Thanks for organising the race it was amazing. Even the rain couldn’t dampen the spirits of the runners and volunteers. This was my first race ever, I had a great experience and enjoyed it.”
Scot Knight, Carryduff – Scrabo Striders club:
“Once again a great run – 5th year and counting. Like the change in the finish guys. See you next year.”
Stephen Carson, Whiteabbey:
“This was my first 10K in almost 10 years! The course was excellent and I really appreciated all the friendly volunteers. Thanks again”
Claire Cowden, Magherafelt:
“Congratulations on an excellent run, very well organised. It was my first 10k race and I loved it!”
Juan Antonio Jimeno Pérez, Segovia (Spain):
“Yesterday I run the Spar Craic race. My congratullations. It was really nice and well organized.”
Michael Barrett, Dublin:
“Just to say a thank you for all on the Spar 10k. I enjoyed it more this year, the Ormeau Park was a better place to finish. Always nice to visit Belfast, Hope to be there next year.”